This position will directly supervise and coordinates the activities of field employees in a heavy highway/infrastructure construction environment. In addition, the Pipe Foreman provides leadership and is responsible for safety, scheduling of labor and materials to work areas, workforce planning, coordinating, supervising and assisting in cost control; ensuring the consistent and fair application of all policies and procedures.
These positions would be located at the at various locations throughout WY and Biddle, MT. Wages are normally Davis Bacon and/or competitive with industry standards.
- Must possess; at a minimum, three (3) to five (5) years in heavy highway construction with knowledge of project construction scope and objectives to include, but not limited to knowledge of laying pipe for storm lines, read and understanding plans and read grade.
- Ability to read drawings and interpret specifications for the project.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of scheduling and planning.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to apply effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Must possess excellent time management skills.
- Must possess a clean driver’s license.
- Must be able to stand, kneel, walk, lift, bend, stoop, push and pull.
- Must be able to work on average ten (10) hours per day, five days (and occasionally six days) per week.
- All work is performed outdoors at times in adverse conditions; and around heavy highway traffic areas.
- Is responsible and accountable for the safety of the crews under his/her direction.
- Understands and communicates safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance in all areas of safety, while identifying the needs for crew safety training.
- Oversees and coordinates the activities of field employees with the Project Manager.
- Assesses competency and capability of employees on the project, and evaluates the capabilities of the crew members.
- Recognizes and addresses issue/problems that may arise among crew members and provides effective resolutions, accountable for following project plans and schedules, ensuring that crews perform activities to meet production goals.
- Identifies needs and deficiencies in the schedule and communicates these to the Project Manager.
- Translates general work requirements into a prioritized work plan for each crew.
- Reviews and adjusts specific workforce activities and task schedules to meet established production schedules.
- Identifies, verifies and reports any scheduling conflicts with other crews and subcontractors to the Project Manager.
- Accountable for the preparation of reports as required by Project Manager approving/reviewing material requisitions and density reports.
- Maintains employee time reporting.
MK Weeden offers excellent pay and benefits package that a includes medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as a 401K plan.
***NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE***